HOME MADE BODY LOTIONS
HOME MADE LOTION IS ECONOMICAL AND IS HEALTHIER FOR YOU THAN STORE BOUGHT LOTIONS BECAUSE THEY DONT CONTAIN ANY CHEMICALS HERE IS A FEW TO START YOU OFF,
ALMOND BODY LOTION
1/4 tsp borax powder,
1/2 cup of water.
1 cup almond oil
2 tbs grated beeswax
1 tsp alomond extract
1. in a heat resistant container dissolve the borax in the water,(borax is in any grocery nest to laundry detergent or you can get it from amazon)
2, in another heat resistant container combine the oil and the grated beeswax.
3,put the oil and beeswax in the microwave for 2 minutes or until the wax has melted.
4,put the water and borax mixture in the microwave for 1 minute or until just under boiling tempertaure.
5, next pour the borax water in the blender and turn it on,
6,then while the blender is running add the oil in a slow steady stream
7,blend on high for 2 minutes it will look white and thick if it is still runny just let it cool off for 5 minutes then try blending it a little more as it cools it will get thicker.
8 blend in the almond extract and pour into containers with lids, this receipe makes lotion to fill 3-4 ounce bottles,
TO MAKE PLAIN BODY LOTION THEN ADD CHOICE OF OILS FOLLOW THE SAME METHOD AND ADD 5 DROPS OF LAVENDER AND 10 DROPS OF ROSEMARY TO MAKE LAVENDER/ROSEMARY BODY LOTION AND THE FOLLOWING;
1/4 tsp borax powder
1 cup water
1 cup sunflower oil
1 tbs grated beeswax
IHOME MADE LIQUID SOAPS.
It doesn,t get much easier than this, Grab a bar of your favourite soap grate it and mix with water and glycerin and wow, you have home made liquid soap. This would be a good gift for kids to make for teachers or grandparents and it is really cheap to make as well a £1 bar of soap and £1 bottle of glycerin will make 2 litres of liquid soap or 4 to 5 bottles of standard size bottles so dont throw away your empty soap bottles which cost double the amount for one bottle keep them and make your own.
1 bar of soap
10 cup of water
1 tbs glycerin
measuring cup and spoons
spatula for stirring
a empty soap container.
1. grate the soap really easy to grate the soap particles tend to float in the air as you grate you could wear a mask when done the soap looks like grated parmeson
2. in a pot combine soap flakes and 10 cups water only use 1 cup of soap flakes thats all you need for one bottle the rest can be used to make more bottles.and 1 tsb glycerin.
3. turn on medium heat and stir until the soap dissolves, this happens fast about a minute or two.
4. let the soap cool compelety then pour into the container using the funnel.