I hope you all had a nice christmas and eat to much and had some lovely presents, my children bought me a perfect present something i have been meaning to buy for a while but kept putting it off and i have always wanted to try it out, they bought me decopatch gift set to decorate wooden letters.it was really easy to get started after a few mishaps i finally got into it and really enjoyed doing it. After christmas dinner was eaten and the kids went over there partners house and hubby was fast alseep on the sofa after the finally chocolate i went in my craft room and shut myself away for a few plus few hours until bed time.
1. get your wooden letters and paper and rip the paper into small pieces.
2. place the decopatch glue on to the letter and just place the paper on top until it is all covered.
3. then coat your letter with decopatch vanish and leave to dry overnight.
4. when it is dry you cant see any of the joins in the paper. that simple
I HAVE BEEN ITCHING TO MAKE SOME NEW TEA LIGHTS WITH A DIFFERENCE SOMETHING THAT SCREAMS OUT CHRISTMAS. I LOVE HOW THEY CAME OUT WHILE I DIDNT DO IT WITH MINE YOU COULD ADD A PRETTY WHITE RIBBON AROUND THE CENTRE YOU CAN USE ANY TYPE OF JAR YOU WISH.
BLUE AND GREEN FOOD COLOURING
CLEAR GLOSS SEALER
1) PUT ONE CUP ESPOM SALTS INTO EACH BOWL ADD ONE DROP OF BLUE FOOD COLOURING TO ONE OF THE BOWLS AND MIX UNTIL EVEN THEN ADD ONE DROP OF GREEN FOOD COLOURING TO ANOTHER BOWL AND MIX.
2) PUT THE WHITE EPSOM SALTS ONTO A PAPER PLATE AND GENTLY SHAKE BACK AND FORTH TO GET AN EVEN LAYER PUT THE GLOVES ON AND PLACE YOUR HAND INSIDE THE JAR
3) USE A PAINTBRUSH TO COAT THE JAR IN GLUE FIRST PAINT AROUND BOTTOM RIM OF THE JAR THAN THE BODY OF THE JAR THEN TOP OF RIM
4) STARTING AT THE BOTTOM RIM OF THE JAR ROLL IN THE EPSOM SALTS NEXT ROLL THE BODY OF THE JAR AND THE TOP RIM
5) STAND THE JAR UP ONTO A SEPARATE PAPER PLATE AND SOME GLUE TO TOP LIP OF THE JAR SRRINKLE SOME EPSOM SALTS ONTO THE LIP
6) REPEAT THIS PROCESS FOR EACH COLOR ALLOW EACH JAR TO DRY FOR A FEW HOURS
7) SPRAY WITH A CLEAR GLOSS SEALER LET DRY FOR ABOUT 20 MINUTES REPEAT FOR A TOTAL OF 3 COATS.
new owls added as doorstops over the snowny weather i was really bored so did some doorstops to stop the cold coming throughthese were made out of felt it was really cheap to make they cost 3 for 2 for 50p each from either the range or hobbycraft, the stuffing costs 2,50 from shaws the drapers, here is some templetes to get you started, i got a bit carried away when i started making them i started at lunch time and then finished at tea time you can either do straight wings or shaped one like i have done, the orginial pattern was from america which cost £3 so it would be $6 from squiddy owls,to download a pdf,but i am sure the templete i have done for you will be ok hope you like them as much as i do and they make great pressies.
I am going to my local church fete on the weekend and have been roped in to make things to sell,so with the fridge magnets i thought i would do something yummy to eat they didnt take long to make and were really cheap to make roughly it cost £6 to make and i made about 20 of them in all
large marshmallows white,
wooden skewers or lollypop stick
icing in different colours
white chocolate 200g
1) stack the marshmallows on a wooden skewer or lollypop stick
to build a snowman
2) melt your white chocolate and then dip the snowman in to cover
3) while melted put your m&ms on for buttons or eyes,
4) when the chocolate is set make your icing hats and put on the head
5) if you want to do some arms either pipe them on the chocolate with melted milk chocolate or use some matchmakers
6) wrap up with clear wrappers and ribbons and they are ready to sell or just enjoy to eat.
As its christmas coming up i thought i would knit my grand daughter some dolls clothes for her several dolls,seeing them on the doll it so looks like a real baby, over the last couple of days my daughter has come home and said she is pregnant and then to days later my son and his girlfriend came home and said they were pregnant as well, so it looks like i am going to be very busy over the next few months.